Thursday 26 July 2012

DIY Satchel Bag #2 - Using one belt

I've been having a lot of fun making satchel bags after I figured out how to make them back in this post. This one was slightly different, so if you want full instructions go here, but here's the little summary of this DIY.
1. Get your fabric. Mine was a weird old heavy canvas jacket. 2. Make two identical rectangles. 3. Make two side-strips and one bottom-strip. 4. Join them all up into a pouch. 5. Make a front-flap (using different fabric for the front of the flap) and attach it to the back of the bag. 6. Place your belt on your bag and sew it securely onto the front flap. 7. I then used a pocket from the coat and put it on the front of my bag so it had an extra embellishment. 8. I added a strap which was just an old fabric belt. But you could make a strap by cutting a strip of fabric, folding over and sewing the raw edges together, flipping it inside out and then sewing it onto the sides of the bag.

Good luck to anyone who gives making a satchel bag a go, and please email me a photo if you do!

xx Annika

12 comments:

  1. wow, you are so creative,
    and your DY bag is awesome!!
    following you now
    hope we can follow each other

    xo
    www.jiglycious.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it's very nice. I really would like to be creative as you but...I'm not^^ So I take my pleasure seeing what other girls can do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great, love the polka dots :)
    xx

    www.queenoffunkydiy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! that's so cool and innovative. I have never seen this done with a belt before, love it! And the polka dots are cute too.

    http://meggymoo0.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a pretty freaking cool satchel.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg, very cute! :) Great job. I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. woah, that's a pretty awesome idea. i'm gonna go and get my craft on this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh sweetie, you always have such lovely ideas !!!!!!!! i love this bag <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you are a whiz! This is awesome! Definitely stealing this whenever I find some much needed free time! Hope you're having a great day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always wanted to make my own satchel bag but I always run out of good ideas. Thanks to this post, I can now start making one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails