Sunday 18 January 2015

Hong Kong Botanical Gardens

Hello - can you guess where I am right now??
So I made it safely to Hong Kong! - after the most turbulent, terrifying plane trip I have ever taken ;__; I was so lucky to have my wonderful friend Leila sitting next to me the entire time, patiently holding my hand and reminding me to breathe. Anyway - I'm here! And as I just mentioned, I'm travelling with one of my best friends, Leila (who took these photos!). Leila actually is the person who is responsible for giving my blog its name! Without her, you wouldn't be reading the Pineneedle Collective. Fun fact - she named it after a pub trivia team she was in when we were 18. She also has an amazing, quirky style and if I can convince her, you will be seeing photos of her on here soon!
After spending two whole hours in the most amazing thrift store of all of Hong Kong (okay, so it's the only thrift store we have been in so far, but I think that it will be hard to beat!), we visited some really pretty botanical and zoological gardens and, armed with both digital and film SLRs, we took some photos!
The skirt that I am wearing was a find from the aforementioned thrift shop! I loved it so much that I had to wear it immediately.
In fact, I made about 8 amazing purchases from the thrift shop! It's one of the best hauls that I have ever made from any thrift/vintage shop. I will be posting all about it very soon.
Blouse - Thrifted | Skirt - Thrifted (Mee & Gee) | socks - old | shoes - Naot (Kedma's) | necklace and ring - c/o Eclectic Eccentricity

Today is a day for resting my sore feet. But as we are staying here for an entire month, I'm not too worried about missing out. There is so much that we are planning to do and see! I'm very excited to update you all on my travels!
Until next time,






Bloglovin' | Youtube | Facebook | Twitter |  Instagram | Chictopia | Lookbook | Tumblr

15 comments:

  1. Omg I love that skirt! That's an amazing fine. I can't wait to see your haul and all the HK photos. And Leila too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved visiting Hong Kong, mostly my family just wanted to shop but we also did some of the touristy stuff like the Giant Buddha. I wish I'd travelled into China as well though! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A MONTH?! Shit man, that's a good holiday. I don't really know anything about Hong Kong but your photos are making me want to go VERY MUCHLY. I'm going to go look at Air Asia after I write this comment. PS - your eyeliner is on point. A++.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Hong Kong, it's one of my favourite holiday spots because it's so diverse and there is so much to see. No matter how many times I go I feel there is always something else to see, more shops to find, more food to eat and more streets to explore. I've never gone thrift shopping so the next time I go I will have to have a look out. I'm so jealous, a whole month! I Hope you have a lovely time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous, I'd love to go. Can't wait for updates

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds wonderful, I'm so jealous!

    Cheap-skatefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make sure to go to this fabric market! For all of us, who can't be there, do not miss this chance! :)
    https://idoublera.wordpress.com/2013/05/16/fabric-market-sham-shui-po-hong-kong/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such an amazing place to wander .. i want to have a seat on this bench too!
    xx
    Lorna

    http://lornasharp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw the rabbit bench on your instagram - so cute! The botanical gardens in Hong Kong look lovely!

    Claire // Technicolour Dreamer // Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  10. fan from hong kong!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo a month vacation in Hong Kong sounds really interesting! I can't wait to read all about your adventures and see the thrift finds you bought!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful pictures! I've never been to Hong Kong but have heard nothing but great things about it. I hope you have an amazing trip - and that your luck with thrifting continues!

    xx Kathryn
    http://www.throughthethicket.ca

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's amazing! I've been wanting to go to Hong Kong for ages, it seems like such an cool city. Love the outfit too. It's so cool how everything works together - the two patterns, the color of your hair, the oxfords and the socks. Very cool.
    <3
    Jessica, Zella Maybe

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm obsessed with your vacation photos. Hehe. This outfit is absolutely dreamy and I hope you are having the best time right now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message! I read every single one. Don't forget to check back for a reply if you leave a question! ♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails